Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Book Meme

I am always reading. Often I am reading more than one book on any given day. The book that has caught my attention most recently, and very close at hand is The Ethical Slut. So that is the book I will use for this meme. It's nothing like what I expected and is an informative read.



See rules below for joining me on the meme. I never find 5 willing to take part, so I invite one and all to contribute.



My contribution for this particular time around is from The Ethical Slut by Dossie Easton & Catherine A. Liszt. Following the picture is my excerpt. And following the excerpt is the rules.




One of the things peole get out of multiple relationships is the chance to be all of their various selves. When two people meet, they relate where they intersect, where they have complementary roles in similar scripts. So, being different things to different lovers, we might find ourselves having different boundaries, limits and relationship styles in different circumstances.

That might manifest in a variety of ways. For instance, I might be calm and centered when Lover A is angry, but Lover B's irritablity is distressing to me - it "pushes my buttons," perhaps reminding me of a past lover or a punitive parent. In this case I need to own my buttons, and figure out if my limits with Lover B are going to be different from my limits with Lover A.



Rules: 1. Grab the nearest book of 123 pages or more. 2. Open it to page 123. 3.Find the first 5 sentences and write them down. 4.Then invite 5 friends to do the same. Even though I am not putting any names down, CONTRIBUTE! All of you. PLEASE!




I tried this book meme thing once before, so If you'd like to see that...just scroll to the bottom of the page. I used an excerpt from Aileni's e book that time. You should check that out, just because his book is so well written and fascinating.


Feel free to post your book meme on my comments, if you don't want to post them on your own blog.









2 comments:

Grace said...

The Royal Path of Life, By T.L Hains and L.W Yaggy Revised Edition 1883

Page 123
True Greatness:
The forbearing use of power is a sure attribute of true greatness. Indeed we may say, power whether physical, moral, purly social or political is one of the touchstones of genuine greatness.
The power the husband has over the wife, in which we must include the impunity with which he may be unkind to her. The father over his children. The old over the young. The young over the aged. The strong over the week. The officer over his men. The master over his hands. The magistrate over the citizens. The employer over the employed. The rich over the poor. The educated over the unlettered. The experienced over the confiding. The forbearing and inoffensive use of all power or authority or a total abstinence from it where the case admits, will show the true greatness in a plain light.

I know it is more than 5 but it did not sound right when i stopped at 5 so I just did the paragraph.

Lee said...

The Royal path of Life? Did you like it? I must figure out how to get my blog up and running again. We wrote better back then.