Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I is for Ireland. This is Killeen Castle in County Meath, Ireland. The history of this castle and my Irish forefathers who built the original castle is very Intriguing. I could tell you all about it, but you can find out more on the Internet. The castle now generates Income. It has been turned into a Hotel, Golf course, and "community". Some very crafty Individuals came up with an Ingenious plan. Still it is a beautiful part of Ireland and my history. Now, if I just had a few million to buy a small part of it, since they are selling pieces of it....

.


9 comments:

Mara said...

Only a few million? They're practically giving it away then...

Rose said...

Such a beautiful photo--I hope one day I can visit Ireland! I'm glad they were able to save the castle, but it's not quite the same being a hotel, is it?

Sylvia K said...

Such a beautiful photo! My ancestors came from Ireland and I've always wanted to visit there. My youngest son was able to make a trip there and loved it. Yes, Ireland is a great choice for today's "ABC"! Thank you!

Carolyn said...

A truly love photo and an interesting history....I will read more later. How nice you legacy lives on. Thank you for sharing and have a great day!
Smiles

Carol said...

This is a very beautiful photo...I like the composition...and the direction of the light...love the waterfall and reflection...

Jay said...

Aah ... that's lovely! So are you a direct descendent of the people who built it? How romantic!

Tumblewords: said...

An incredibly fine photo - peaceful and lovely.

Dragonstar said...

Lovely, lovely photo! Such beautiful colours.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place. And nicely composed shot of it. I like this a lot. Happy SWF!